Give Orange Challenge Fund
Give Orange serves to unite the Cowboy family and advance Oklahoma State University through philanthropy. For 1,890 minutes, or 35.5 hours, Give Orange will amplify the opportunity for units at OSU to tell their stories of success and needs to a captive audience.
Challenge gifts serve as a magnet between those stories and potential donors.
The Power of Challenge Gifts
Challenge gifts during online giving initiatives like Give Orange have proven to spark significant participation from higher education audiences by inspiring others to maximize their opportunity to give.
Your gift to the Give Orange Challenge Fund will:
- Inspire new donors to discover their orange passion through a gift during Give Orange
- Help elevate OSU's rankings by increasing alumni participation rates
- Encourage young donor and student giving through energetic competitions
- Boost the culture of philanthropy throughout the Cowboy family by magnifying Give Orange
Here's how it works:
A gift to the Give Orange Challenge Fund will count as your participation in Give Orange, no matter when you press give. Collectively, these funds will be framed as challenges following the strategic guidance of the Give Orange Team at the OSU Foundation. Here are a handful of ways we hope to help you inspire others to give:
- Milestone Celebrations
- To celebrate OSU's founding in 1890, every 189th gift will receive an additional award.
- If a donor from each state makes a gift, an additional gift will unlock for the General Scholarship Fund.
- Orange Passion Leaderboard Challenges
- The unit or program with the highest number of gifts will receive an additional award.
- Social Media Challenge
- The donor with the best share on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter will receive an additional award to their orange passion.
- Early Bird and Night Owl Challenge
- The unit with the most gifts from 7-8 am and 9-10 pm will receive an additional award.
- Young Alumni Challenge
- A random young alumni donor will be selected to have their gift met with an equal award at the end of the day on April 11th.
- PhilanthroPete Project Challenge
- The Philanthropete crowdfunding project with the most gifts will receive an additional award.
- The Big Give Challenge
- The Orange Passion with the most gifts of $250 or more will receive an additional award.
- Give Orange Ambassador Challenge
- The top three ambassadors will be able to designate an award to their orange passion.
Update: Active Challenges
- Student Media Challenge - $30K: The Oklahoma City Gridiron Foundation will generously match every dollar raised for OSU Student Media for the purpose of investigative reporting efforts.
- MBA Advisory Board Challenge - $5K: If 50 MBA graduates make a gift during Give Orange to the MBA Program, an additional $5,000 will be unlocked from members of OSU's MBA Advisory Board.
- College of Education Challenge - $5K: The Dean is challenging donors to discover their orange passion within the college. The first $5,000 to areas within the college will be doubled.
- Student Helping Students Challenge - $1K: The first 100 students to find @OSU_StuFu on campus today and make a gift will help unlock an anonymous donor's $1,000 for the Cowboy Strong Student Emergency Fund.