Help OSU Students Affected by Recent Hurricanes
Exciting Announcement (3:00PM CDT 8/31/17)
Inspired by the efforts to help OSU students affected by the disaster, a Houston-area couple is willing to match, dollar for dollar, gifts to the Cowboy Strong Student Emergency Fund. Due to their incredible generosity, all gifts beyond the $7,554 mark will be doubled up to their $25,000 commitment! Join us in thanking them by making a difference in a student's life by sharing this project with the links above and making your gift today.
The Cowboy Strong Student Emergency Fund
As Hurricane Harvey and Irma continue to flood the family homes of OSU students, the Cowboy Strong Student Emergency Fund serves as an opportunity for the Cowboy family to unite in supporting those affected by flooding. This fund’s goal is to ensure that unforeseen circumstances do not prevent enrolled students from continuing their education at Oklahoma State University.
Quick Facts & Our Latest Update:
- Each of the approximately 350 OSU students from the areas impacted by flooding were connected with the Office of Student Affairs.
- As Financial Aid is based on prior year financials, home and employment losses due to flooding will be significant and difficult to verify for students.
- The OSU Bursar’s Office is working to provide flexibility for students affected by the natural disaster.
- Given out-of-state tuition, most students affected average $22,000 in educational expenses, not including room and board, annually.
Here’s how you can help:
- Make a contribution to the Cowboy Strong Student Emergency Fund. Your gift, no matter the size, will pair with the many from the Cowboy family to support students in dire need. Our goal is to provide OSU with funds to support our students with the greatest need.
- Share this opportunity within your network. Whether you click the Facebook and Twitter links on this page, send an email, or tell a friend - spreading the word of need is important to helping reach our goal.
Gifts to this project through the OSU Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, are tax deductible as allowed by law. If you have questions about your gift, please contact the OSU Foundation at 800.622.4678.